I started with Butterick 5084 and made a few simple changes.
I started with View A and changed the wrap bodice to a V-neck bodice. Then I added a set-in empire waist (it looks like it has a set-in waist in the picture on the pattern envelope, but that is really a flap of fabric sewn into the waist seam). I added 2″ to the center front and back of the skirt for some gathering and I lengthened the skirt into a dress. I used the fuller sleeve from View B, shortening it to bracelet length and added a cuff . Not to difficult! Here it is step by step:
To create the v-neck from the wrap style, all I did was cut the pattern off at the center front and cut the upper front piece and front band piece on the fold
- To create a set-in waist, I cut off 2″ from the top of the lower front and lower back pieces and added seam allowances to the cut edges
- Here is the sleeve after I shortened it to bracelet length:
- Constructed the front band and back neck facing according to the pattern instuctions and follow the pattern instructions through step 17
- Stitch the waistband front to waistband back at the side seams
- Sew the front and back skirt pieces at the side seams
- Sew the bodice to the waist band in one continuous seam
- Sew the skirt to the waist band in one continuous seam
Feel free to ask questions–and remember–there is no such thing as a stupid question!